Last Updated on
Do you own the great Honda EU2200 or the EU2000i generator? Without a doubt, you must be proud of this achievement; these are some of the best performing machines in the generator market today. They also carry along an impeccable track record and a famous name tag.
Honda is, by far a leading household name in the world industry. Indeed, the Honda brand is an excellent product with years of stellar reputation and a sterling track record that is the envy of competitors. It is indisputable that, among the leading products in the generator industry, Honda is a champion of champions. In comparison, it is more like what the iPhone is in the mobile phone industry; respected, admired, almost peerless.
Top the Rated Alternatives to EU2200i and EU2000i
Considering this, many would be surprised to learn that alternatives exist that can compare reasonably with a famous brand like Honda. Happily, such options exist. All you need to do is to carry out a quick search to select the best among them.
Here are some of the top-rated alternatives to the Honda EU2200 and the EU2000i. You are well advised to use the elimination method to carry out your selection. Hopefully, you will find the best, most affordable item in this venture to suit your needs, at home and outdoors.
WEN 56225i Super Quiet 2250-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Low Budget Choice
Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
Generac 7117 GP2200i 2200 Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Alternative by GENERAC
Westinghouse iGen2500 Portable Inverter Generator
Alternative by Westinghouse
What can help us analyze the best generator models that are ideal? Just try to think about the most important features that buyers love in the popular EU2000i generators. It will help you make a good comparison.
Favorite Features of the Honda EU2000i Generator
The Honda EU2000i generator has many features that have proved to be famous for years. Consider the highlights below:
- It is super light: The engine weighs less than 46 pounds. It is, therefore, easy to carry everywhere.
- Super Powerful engine: The Honda GX100 is a powerful engine that uses less fuel and has been tested for decades. The engine is air-cooled and has an overhead valve that is a four-stroke.
- Stable power: The engine produces a durable, highly reliable power. It works well with sensitive household equipment, including computers, TV, and refrigerators.
- Long lasting: It produces adequate power to last 3.4 hours with the engine operating at full load. It can last up to 8 hours with the engine doing a quarter load. Remarkably, you need less than a gallon of fuel to achieve all this. It is the best go-to source for anyone who wishes to get overnight power. The engine usually starts at 2000w and stabilizes at 1600w running continuously.
- Super-Quiet: The EU2000i generator is a peaceful, super-quiet machine. It is designed with quality materials that wonderfully dampens sound. The result? This one of the quietest machines existing in the market. It produces just 53 decibels running at ¼ load and only 59 decibels at full-load.
Let us now consider four great alternatives to the highly successful Honda EU2200 and the Honda EU2000i inverter generators. You will find them affordable too!
The WEN 56225i – An Affordable Alternative
The WEN 56225i generator is certainly a worthy alternative to the Honda EU2000 series. In the first place, this is a superbly super quiet portable inverter generator. It has a remarkable fuel shutoff feature that makes it a darling among buyers. What are other features of this machine that makes it such a hot favorite among users? Consider a few of these:
Admirable Features of the WEN 56225i Generator
- Extremely Quiet:Its 53 dB operation is comparably quieter than the sound of normal human conversation. It is softer than the sound produced by a window air conditioner. This information comes courtesy of the US Health Department. If you go out tailgating, hunting, or camping, this is the right machine to limit those invasive noises. It is also perfect for restoring backup power.
- It is CARB and EPA III Compliant. The generator boasts a 79.7 cc 4-stroke engine that is capable of 1800 rated watts and 2250 surge watts.
- Long Lifespan: The engine’s fuel shutoff system maximizes the generator’s lifespan. This is achieved by merely using the fuel remaining in the carburetor before shut down. This feature is excellent for fighting the build-up and blockages resulting from stagnant fuel that may be found inside the carburetor. It also helps minimize maintenance tasks and works to prolong the engine lifespan.
- Clean Power: The WEN 56225i generator produces clean power. This can safely operate sensitive electronics, including computers, smartphones, TVs, and tablets. Notably, the engine’s power output is factored to mirror a pure sine wave. This means pure, clean power.
- Superb Safety: The generator limits the total harmonic distortion, reducing it to under 0.3 percent at zero load and under 1.2 percent running a full load. This makes the generator suitable and safe to power cellphones, monitors, laptops, tablets, and other sensitive equipment. The engine features an ultra-efficient single-gallon tank that provides more than 6 hours run-time operating time at half-load.
- Superior Warranty, Fuel Efficiency: The engine has a three-prong 120v, 15A receptacles, two 5V USB ports, two years warranty, and an oil access panel. With this machine, you can maximize fuel economy just by engaging the eco-mode switch. When you do this, you allow the engine to adjust its fuel consumption automatically. This is done even as you plug items into the panel or unplug it. Such action limits unnecessary usage of gasoline.
- Extra Energy: In case you require more energy, it is very easy to link up two identical WEN inverter generators. You can do this using a WEN 56421 Parallel Connection Kit. This kit is usually sold separately. In this way, you can share wattage amongst several units. Additionally, the low-fuel and low-oil automatic shutdown feature combine well with the indicator lights and built-in overload protection to safeguard your generator and household electronics from damage.
The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT- A Powerful Alternative
The Westinghouse WH2000iXLT is an extremely-quiet inverter generator that is available at half the price of the famous Honda EU2000i generator. The overall quality of the Westinghouse is also pretty good. The big question is: How does the Westinghouse WH2000iXLT generator compare with the popular Honda EU2000i?
As a consumer, is this the best generator for you? What makes the Westinghouse so unique? Is this model of a generator worth your money? What are some popular features of the Westinghouse generator? Let us now consider this:
Favorite Features of the Westinghouse WH2000iXLT Inverter Generator
- The Westinghouse-WH2000iXLT is an excellent generator for a variety of events and outdoor activities. It has the following features that make it popular with many users:
- Powerful engine: This generator has a powerful engine that is a 79cc, CARB compliant, OHV four-stroke type. The Westinghouse engine can do 17 hours while running at 25% load. It can also do 13 hours while running at 50% load.
- Its Rated Watts is 1800 while the starting watts is 2200.
- The good engine features include a dual muffler design, asymmetrical fans, power indicator lights, an acoustic hood that is double-insulated, coded touch points, low oil shutdown, an economy mode, a lightweight and a 52 to 59 decibel sound output. It has a tool kit and an oil-fill container. The engine gives less than three percent total harmonic distortion (THD).
How Quiet is the Westinghouse WH2000iXLT?
- When you decide to buy a generator, one of the most significant factors to consider should be the noise levels of the machine that you wish to purchase. Inverter generators come top of the game regarding this. In the first place, they are designed to operate very quietly. The main reason for this is that they use superior sound-dampening technology.
- As a result, these generators have much quieter engines compared to their peers. The engines have sound mufflers that serve to reduce the noise produced by the machine. The Westinghouse WH2000i XLT generator enjoys all these features. Compared to traditional generators, the noise levels produced by an engine of the caliber of the Westinghouse is remarkable.
- The term ‘parallel operation’ means that one can connect two similar generator models. You can, in this way, double the power quantities produced. You thus get double power compared to the amount of energy delivered by just one inverter generator.
- Many inverter generators, like the Westinghouse, are usually small and portable. For this reason, they are easy to hook up to each other to get the desired higher amounts of power.
- Engine capacity: The engine capacity usually determines much of what a machine can do. The Westinghouse WH2000iXLT has a powerful, four- stroke, 79 cc OHV engine. The generator’s running wattage is 1800 watts. The starting wattage is marginally higher, rated at 2200 watts.
- It is easy to start the engine using the recoil method. The Westinghouse fuel tank is capable of holding 1.3 gallons of fuel. This means that the generator can run for 17 hours working at a -quarter load. If you increase this load to about 50 percent, the generator run still goes for some 13 hours.
The Generac 7117 GP2200i – A Viable Alternative
The Generac Company has consistently produced quality generators for a variety of household applications since 1959. This ranges from large standby generators to small portable machines that are popular with outdoor lovers. Indeed, Generac has achieved a stellar reputation as a leading generator producer in the world. One of the quietest inverter generators in this category is the Generac 7117 GP22001.
Generac generators are useful for powering equipment like TV, refrigerator and even stereo. They are great for camping and tailgating purposes. The reason for this is that the generator produces a pure, clean sine wave type of inverter power. The following are some popular features of the Generac generator.
Generac Generators’ Popular Features:
- A quiet generator: The generator features a fully enclosed design that dramatically reduces noise levels.
- Clean Power Technology: Generac provides stable, clean, power that is ideal for sensitive equipment, tools, and appliances.
- Compact, Lightweight: The built-in handle makes this an easy- to- transport
- Economy Mode: The generator adjusts its engine speeds automatically, reducing sound emissions and saving on fuel.
- Integrated Off/Run/Knob: This feature dramatically simplifies startup procedures.
- LED Indicators: The feature is essential since the indicators alert you when the unit is overloaded, is low on oil or is ready-to-use.
- USB Port: This is practical for charging mobile devices.
- Parallel function: The vital feature allows you to pair two inverter generators of the GP2200i model. Once you do this, you can get twice the amount of power for use.
- Low-oil Shutdown: The feature automatically protects the engine from incurring damage.
- Covered Outlets: These provide extra protection from the environment.
- Powerful, efficient engine: The Generac 7117 has an 80cc, OHV engine. This is despite the fact that it is a smaller machine compared to most generators of similar make. The Generac can run for 7 hours on a 1.2-gallon gas tank while on a 50% load. This translates to an impressive 5-Kilowatt-hours using a single gallon of fuel. If you use it for regular daily purposes, you can get 10-12 hours from just one a tank of gas. The fuel consumption will be dictated by how much electricity you use to run appliances.
- The Generac has an eco-mode that helps to reduce the engine revs whenever the load requirement is lower. This is otherwise called the smart throttle.
- The smart throttle is useful for saving on fuel and helps reduce noise levels. The low oil shutoff mechanism protects the generator’s engine. For this reason, even if it goes low on fuel, there’s little chance of ruining the machine.
The Westinghouse iGen2500 Generator- A suitable Alternative
Most people prefer buying inverter generators instead of conventional gas generators. There are many reasons why that is so. Take, for instance, the Westinghouse iGen2500 inverter generator. It is one of the best-selling machines of its class. It can run for a maximum of 9 hours using a single gallon of fuel. It is a compact, well-made, lightweight, highly reliable machine. Moreover, it is affordable for most people.
Fantastic Features of the Westinghouse iGen2500 Inverter Generator
- Compact and Lightweight: The iGen2500 only weighs 48 lbs. It offers a built-in carry handle that is useful for easy transportation.
- Safe Power Source: It is safe to use with sensitive electronics like the laptop, cellphones, and computers.
- It operates at 2500 Peak Watts and 3% THD.
- It features 2 USB ports that quickly power your phone and other electronic devices.
- Fuel Efficiency: It offers a 30-50% greater fuel efficiency than the traditional generator. It can do 7.7 hours on just one gallon with a 25% load.
- Quiet Operation: The iGen2500 has a double-insulated enclosure, low- stone mufflers and cooling fans that help to reduce the noise. Indeed, the engine is quieter than the sound produced by normal human conversation.
- It works at 2500 peak watts and 2,200 running watts.
- Comprehensive Warranty: It has a full 3-Year Warranty.
- It is EPA Compliant.
- Lightweight: The iGen2500 weighs less than 49 lbs.
- Safety: It is ideal for powering household equipment like TV, lights, small power tools, and computers.
Remarkably, a portable source of power enables you to enjoy your gadgets wherever you go. You never need to worry about charging items like the laptop or cell phone. Gone are those days when you would fumble to connect wires to your car battery in an attempt to contact the outside world. An inverter generator produces enough power to use, whether on your microwave or during those lovely, wild camping excursions!
Certainly, inverter generators have tremendously improved our lives. Finding an excellent alternative to popular models like the Honda EU2200i AND Honda EU 2200 is undoubtedly a plus. Use the process of elimination to do this. It is the best way to select the perfect alternative to the above household models loved by many. If necessary, go for these affordable alternatives! You will not regret it.
- Top the Rated Alternatives to EU2200i and EU2000i
- WEN 56225i Super Quiet 2250-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
- Generac 7117 GP2200i 2200 Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- Westinghouse iGen2500 Portable Inverter Generator
- Favorite Features of the Honda EU2000i Generator
- The Research
- The WEN 56225i – An Affordable Alternative
- The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT- A Powerful Alternative
- The Generac 7117 GP2200i – A Viable Alternative
- The Westinghouse iGen2500 Generator- A suitable Alternative