Last Updated on
Imagine: It is raining outside. The weather is bad. It is frightening. At that moment, there is a sudden power outage, and everything goes dark! Dogs are barking outside, and the owls are hooting. You are in confusion. What will you do to have power back in the house?
Then you remember: You won’t have to rush into the rain and darkness outside to reach the generator room and start the machine; your generator has a remote start function and you can start it right there! How thankful you are! The storeroom is about a hundred meters away from the main house. You walk away happily. You are saved!
The Best Remote-Start Generators in the Market Today
Westinghouse WGen7500DF with RemoteBest Remote Controlled Dual Fuel Generator
Westinghouse WPro8500Best Remote Controlled Industrial Generator
Westinghouse iGen4500🏆 Our Electrician's TOP Pick 🏆
The following, therefore, are some of the remote start generators that are available to choose from. These can satisfy all your needs for electrical power. What is better? These generators come with the all-important remote start feature that will enhance your enjoyment as you use them.
Consider these examples of top remote-start generators and make your choice.
Westinghouse iGen4500 – Editors Choice
The Westinghouse brand of generators is famous for producing high-quality portable generators that have won trust as a dependable source of reliable power. For over a hundred and thirty years, Westinghouse has used ground-breaking technology and modern engineering to manufacture products that have demonstrated exceptional innovation in the world.
One such example is the Westinghouse iGen4500 Inverter Generator. This machine runs at 3700 rated watts and 4500 peak watts. Indeed, with such remarkable power, the Westinghouse iGen4500 serves in a class of its own.
- It features a remote and push-button electric start. This is wonderful for ease of use.
- The LED display indicates the time left, fuel levels, power output, and voltage.
- The TT-30R RV-Ready outlet enables users to plug in a travel trailer.
- It is a tranquil machine that operates at only 53 dBA.
- It gives up to 18 -hour run time on a 3.4-gallon fuel tank.
- It provides 30 amp service that is suitable for recreational vehicles (RVs).
- The iGen4500 is light and compact.
- It features a built-in telescoping handle as well as two top carrying handles which allows for hassle-free portability.
- The iGen4500 runs very quietly at 52 dBA. It is suitable for recreational activities and quiet neighborhoods.
- It is ideal for sensitive electronics like computers, mobile phones, and televisions. This is because the inverter generator produces clean and stable power rated at 3% THD.
- Some users have complained that the low-oil-switch malfunctions after just a short period of use.
- Response to warranty requests is rather slow, yet the warranty becomes invalid if you attempt to fix issues yourself.
- Westinghouse offers a 3 -year warranty for those living in the USA, but only 50 days for those living in places like Puerto Rico.
Westinghouse WGen7500DF – Best Remote Controlled Dual Fuel Generator
The Westinghouse WGen7500DF is a magnificent dual fuel portable generator complete with an inbuilt remote electric start. It runs on 7500 rated watts and 9500 peak watts. The generator is engineered to offer you ease and comfortability, the kind that every portable power source ought to have. This versatile machine can run on both gasoline and propane. It has both a key fob remote start and a push-button electric start. You can turn it on effortlessly, without the need of a recoil cord.
- Push-Button Electric Start
- It is easy to start the WGen7500DF with a simple push of a button. An onboard port for battery charger helps extend battery- life. This ensures your WGen7500 generator will start right up whenever you need it most
- Remote Start Key Fob
- You can always use the WGen7500DF’s remote start key fob to conveniently start your generator from a distance, reaching as far as 109 yards away.
- ‘On the Fly!’ Fuel Change
- Do you need to switch from using gas to propane? You can do it on the fly with the WGen7500DF! You can switch fuel sources quite easily from gasoline to propane even while your unit is running.
- The main generator panel features standard 120V household outlets. There are four of these. You may take advantage of all that power at your convenience.
- The generator also features a 120/240V twist-lock outlet. This may be outfitted with an adapter to connect your generator to a large RV.
- The generator features a display panel that indicates how much wattage the generator is drawing. It also shows the estimated runtime remaining.
- The Westinghouse WGen7500 generator features a backup recoil starter as well as the electric remote start.
- The powerful Westinghouse 420cc 4-stroke OHV air-cooled engine can run for a maximum 16 hours on a 6.6 gallon or 25l fuel tank. When this combines with a built-in fuel gauge and low- oil-shutoff, the WGen7500DF is quite easy to use and maintain.
- When you buy the Westinghouse, the package includes a three-year limited warranty.
- It has 11-hour runtime and produces 73 dB noise, which isn’t bad for its size.
- The backup recoil starts display informs you about the wattage draw and remaining runtime.
- This Westinghouse generator does not feature a12V DC outlet, which is convenient for charging an onboard battery.
- The generator is relatively large, heavy, and louder than most of its peers. It has a noise output of 73 dB.
- The generator uses much fuel due to its 6.6-gallon tank.
The Pulsar PG4000iSR – Best Remote Controlled Quiet Generator
- The Pulsar PG400Isr is an inverter generator that runs on peak rated watts of between 4,000/3,500.
- The engine has a 224cc OHV fuel tank that has a 3.4-gallon capacity.
- It boasts a run time of 15 hours carrying a 50% load.
- The engine’s outlets feature a 120V 20amp duplex, 12v DC 8AMP, and 120V 30AMP RV.
- It also features an integrated USB Port.
- The generator’s start type features an electric and recoil element.
- It has a remote noise level of 63Db.
- The Pulsar PG4000iSR generator comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The Pulsar generator’s fuel efficiency and runtime are middle- of the- road for its class. It uses 3.4 gallons of gas to keep the generator running at 50% load for a remarkable 15 hours.
- The noise level, at 63 dB, is relatively quiet considering the size of this machine.
- The PG4000iSR is always ready to use with an RV due to its 30-amp RV outlet.
- The Pulsar generator features a USB port convenient for charging small electronics.
- It has a 12V DC outlet which helps to keep the onboard battery functioning well.
- The generator’s relatively small size, combined with its reasonable 92-pound weight, means that this generator is easy to transport and store.
- The generator’s frame has a few wheels tucked at the bottom. However, these don’t do quite well used on rough ground.
- There is also a telescoping handle which makes the machine easy to tow.
- The Pulsar remote start inverter generator is generally inexpensive considering the much power it produces. Moreover, it is incredibly compact and convenient .The machine can produce up to 4,000 watts of surge power or 3,500 watts of continuous power. This kind of energy is more than enough to power an RV and essential home appliances during a sudden outage.
- Users have noted that most parts of this machine are readily available at local repair shops and hardware stores.
- When the generator runs at about 3500-watts, which is near- capacity, it produces a whining noise.
- The generator’s wheels don’t function well on rough surfaces.
- Note that this generator has both an electric and remote start. However, it does not have a backup recoil starter. For this reason, if the onboard battery runs out, you have to recharge it quickly before you can restart the generator.
Champion Power Equipment 3500 – Best Remote Controlled Low Budget Generator
- It runs at a conventional peak rated watts of between 4,000/3,500.
- Engine capacity is 196cc, OHV, 4-stroke
- Fuel tank carries 3.8 gallons. The run- time: is 12 h at 50% load.
- Its start type: Includes electric, wireless remote and recoil.
- The noise level is 68 dB(A)
You buy with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Despite its low price, the generator’s downside is the amount of noise produced. At 68 dB running at 25% load, the machine is noisier than most inverter generators of the same size and class.
- It is massive compared to inverter generators of the same size.
- It does not have a 12-volt DC outlet necessary for charging the onboard battery.
The Westinghouse WPro8500 – Best Remote Controlled Industrial Generator
This is one highly-rated remote start generator. The Westinghouse WP Pro8500 generator is reputed as both efficient and utility-friendly. It is an excellent machine for anyone who requires a well-designed and powerfully fine-tuned portable generator of the 8500-watt capacity.
- It is ideal for personal use, professional applications, and industrial situations.
- The engine model is 457cc 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse type. It is capable of running for a long time.
- It can do 17.5 hours from its 6.6-gallon gas tank, which is equivalent to 25l.
- The built-in fuel gauge indicates the gas levels as well.
- It has under 5% Total Harmonic Distortion. This makes it a fantastic choice for powering sensitive electronics and tools.
- The machine is a robust super duty portable unit that is versatile and convenient.
- It is solidly constructed with high-quality materials.
- It does 8500 running watts
- It is tranquil enough to be used in residential areas.
- It is relatively one of the quietest open-frame generators available in the market.
- It won’t run on propane right away. To use it with this kind of fuel, you will need to purchase a conversion kit available in the market.
- You need a conversion kit to use it in extreme temperatures.
- It is a little bit more expensive than similar generators.
- The biggest issue with this generator is its customer service. The service needs to improve its call center.
What, Really, is a Remote Start Generator?
A remote start feature, fitted in a generator, conveniently eliminates the need to be physically present at the location of your unit to start it. With a remote start feature, once you push the start button, it automatically sends a signal to the remote start kit, which allows the engine to start immediately without a hassle.
A remote start generator is a beautiful machine. The remote start function is especially useful working at night or, perhaps, early in the morning or when there’s a downpour outside.
Is a Remote Start Function a True Convenience or a Needless, Costly Item?
Many people might consider a remote start feature as merely an excessive option that hikes the price of an otherwise less-costly generator. Others find the remote start feature quite convenient and essential. It depends on how you wish to use your generator and under what conditions. If, for instance, you wish to use it with an RV, acquiring a remote start can be quite convenient.
A remote start function gives you the ability to start your generator without having to walk outside. Indeed, you can have all of the appliances in your RV running well without having to get out of bed. It means you can quickly turn the lights on without needing to move around the vehicle.
A Big Deal?
A remote start is crucial during lousy weather. Often, inclement weather is the cause of the collapse of the primary power grid. If you plan well to set up your generator in advance, having a remote starter will rescue you from going out into the rain, wind or snow in efforts to start up the generator.
This may not seem to be a big deal at first. It can, however, save you from the potential hazards of slipping and falling. At the very least, it can make it easier for you to get through the power outage safely.
What are the Benefits of Remote Generator Control?
Installing a standby generator at home is a beautiful idea. Indeed, doing this can give you security and much-needed peace of mind when unexpected power outages occur. Monitoring the generator isn’t always so convenient, however, especially if the machine is installed in some out-of-the-way spot somewhere in the back yard.
When it’s raining a lot, the last thing you want to do is to have to go outside, braving the stormy night to start the machine! That’s precisely where a wireless remote monitor comes into the picture. Here are a few benefits that a remote monitor offers:
When experiencing a power outage, it’s helpful to get easy access to your remote generator monitoring device. These devices generally come with a cradle that is used for desk or wall mounting. Others have a magnetic back used for mounting the refrigerator. Most of these are small, compact, and convenient.
The wireless remote generator device for monitoring has audible cues and indicator lights that enable you to know when your generator needs attention. The wireless status indicators make it possible to address any issues before the generator shuts down due to some problem. The primary and advanced types can monitor machines up to 60 kW. This caters well for most residential installations.
Full Simulated Control Panel
The simulated control panel provides you with instant status updates, even without leaving your house. You can do the following things easily: You can change the exercise time and date, run a complete transfer switch or engine test, monitor if the exercise was run on time by checking the history, check for errors and control the readiness status. Having a wireless remote generator monitor means you can do everything from indoors while you are warm and dry.
The remote generator monitoring device is typically A/C powered with battery backup. No matter your situation, therefore, you can always receive updates on the generator status. When the power fizzles out, the batteries kick in. In case the battery power goes low, the machine lets you know by giving out a chirping sound. It is easy to change the batteries. You also don’t need any tools to open the housing.
Does Your Portable Generator Have a Remote Start Capacity?
The question is: Does your portable generator have a remote start capacity? If not, how can you have the remote start function installed? Indeed, when buying a generator, how can you choose the best remote start generator?
Many generators have the remote start feature already built-in. Remember that a conventional generator can provide more power. However, an inverter generator offers cleaner energy than the former. These are essential factors to consider.
Authoritative and Credible
Moreover, the surge and rated wattage of a generator directly affect what the generator is capable of doing and what it cannot do. Ultimately, will your favorite generator run on propane, gasoline or both? How long can it run without refueling? These factors are essential to consider before making your choice.
After multiple analysis of information, including studying many generator journals that discuss remote-start machines, we can authoritatively give you a credible list of the top best remote start generators that exist in the market today. Please read on to make an informed decision whenever you choose to purchase this necessary home equipment.
Background Research: Purchase a Noise-Free Machine
Multiple research has demonstrated that living in a noise-free environment can significantly reduce the risks of such common hazards as heart attacks and loss of hearing. Since it’s clearly beneficial for people to live in a noise-free environment, you can benefit a lot by buying a quiet portable generator, the kind that will give an efficient electrical power noiselessly and ultimately give you peace of mind.
How Can You Make Your Older Generator Work with a Remote Control Gadget?
What if all you have at home is the old veteran generator that has always served you reasonably well? What if you now wish to enjoy the conveniences offered by the new remote-control function but cannot afford to buy a new generator at the moment? Yes, you might be wondering if your older generator can be adjusted to work with remote control. The good news is: Yes it can!
You don’t have to spend much. All you should do is arrange to buy a wireless remote control transmitter. This transmitter will function well with your generator if it already has a remote control input. Once this is set, you can easily switch your generator on and off from a distance of between 10 – 100m.
The use of a remote start generator makes it convenient to start the machine without hassle. That way, whenever there’s a blackout or the weather’s unfavorable, you will have little to worry about.
It’s, however, one thing to own a portable generator. It is quite a different matter to own a portable generator complete with a remote- control gadget. Those who use generators regularly, even daily, will tell you.
A remote- control feature allows you access to start the generator without having to move to its location physically. In what better form can sleekness and convenience marry? It couldn’t come in a better way!
The convenience and comfort attached to owning a generator with a remote control system is truly unmatched. With this gadget, you enjoy the freedom to continue your essential activities without breaking a sweat. Starting the generator from a safe distance becomes child’s play!
Well, we have presented a comprehensive list of five modern, top of -the- range portable generators that are operated with a remote control. You now know the pros and cons. Yes, go ahead and make your choice!
- The Best Remote-Start Generators in the Market Today
- Westinghouse WGen7500DF with Remote
- Westinghouse WPro8500
- Westinghouse iGen4500
- Westinghouse iGen4500 – Editors Choice
- Westinghouse WGen7500DF – Best Remote Controlled Dual Fuel Generator
- The Pulsar PG4000iSR – Best Remote Controlled Quiet Generator
- Champion Power Equipment 3500 – Best Remote Controlled Low Budget Generator
- The Westinghouse WPro8500 – Best Remote Controlled Industrial Generator
- What, Really, is a Remote Start Generator?
- Is a Remote Start Function a True Convenience or a Needless, Costly Item?
- A Big Deal?
- What are the Benefits of Remote Generator Control?
- The Benefits
- How Can You Make Your Older Generator Work with a Remote Control Gadget?