The CAT RP7500E is undoubtedly one of the most excellent portable generators of its kind. This fantastic machine has been named a champion in power output. It is capable of doing 9375 peaks and 7500 running watts. It is a portable gas-powered generator that can weather the harshest conditions and carry you safely out of emergencies.
- Higher running wattage for light industrial usage
- Caterpillar Incorporated Company is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of heavy industrial equipment
- Comes with 3 Years Warranty
- A few users reported problems with the display and the display backlight.
The CAT RP7500E 7500 watt generator is simply astounding. It is one of the most loved generator sizes in the market today. And this machine is a favorite of many for a good reason; the generator can run several electrical devices simultaneously and keep you safe from emergencies. That includes keeping you safe from the effects of sudden natural disasters.
While it is true that a generator has limitations and works within certain situations, the 7500-watt generator can do fantastic things without too much investment from you, the buyer.
Favorite Features of the CAT RP7500E Generator
- It is EPA Compliant.
- The RP7500E generator manages 9375 Watts starting power. It offers 7500 running Watts.
- It has a powerful 3600 engine RPM.
- It can do 11 hours working at 50% capacity.
- It ignites using the electric or recoil method.
- It uses the OHV engine which has a displacement of 420 cc.
- It has the Automatic Voltage Regulation with an AC voltage of 120/240V. It also has a 60Hz AC frequency and a fuel tank with a capacity of 7.9 gallons.
- It has a lithium-ion battery. This can charge even while the generator runs. Whenever the fuel is low, the generator can still be used.
- It has a fuel gauge on its tank that shows fuel levels. The generator will automatically shut down when the fuel is low.
- It has a double-folding handle. The generator is, therefore, easy to carry and store.
- The generator's wheels never go flat. Instead, they are always ready to roll.
- The CAT RP7500E generator has a limited warranty of 36 months for registered products that were purchased inside 30 days.
- The generator can run on one gas tank for 11 hours at a load of 3752 watts. The runtime at 100% load averages at 5.43 hours. The fuel efficiency is 5.22 Kilowatt-hours for every gallon of fuel. It has a large fuel tank that can carry 7.9 gallons of fuel. This translates to longer run time. This offers a significant advantage during a storm or prolonged power outage.
- The gas-powered CAT RP7500E portable generator has an excellent control panel that is highly protected and well laid out.
- It is very Quiet Generator: The noise lines are slightly over 5% THD.
- You can use some ingenious home-built enclosures to soften the sound produced by the engine to about 205 pounds. The enclosure also protects the engine and can be used as a storage.
- The engine design makes it easy to move around since the weight is well balanced over the engine’s big wheels.
- The generator’s interface panel is located at the rear side. The choke and fuel valve is also found on the panel.
- Among the 7500-watt generator family, the CAT RP7500E has more outlets compared to machines of similar capacity. All its outputs are protected using rubber weatherproof covers.
- The engine uses a 4 in 1 display that displays the frequency, voltage, total hours and running hours.
- The generator does not, however, have a DC output that can charge batteries. Its electric start control also lacks a remote start feature.
- On the generator’s user interface panel you will find that an LED light illuminates the control panel. This feature is quite useful at night.
- At the back of the fuel tank, you will find a fuel gauge that helps to determine safe fuel levels. This feature is useful since, without it, you will need to open the fuel cap to check inside, and this can result in fuel spillage.
- The 7500E generator is also fitted with a system that works for low oil shutdown. When the oil levels drop significantly, the engine shuts down automatically.
- The CAP 7500 generator is fully compliant in emission certification in all states of the USA.
CAT RP7500E Technical Specifications
|AC Voltage:||120/240 Volts|
|AC Frequency:||60 Hz|
|Engine Displacement:||420 cc|
|Engine RPM:||3600 RPM|
|Recommended Oil:||SAE30 / SAE30 / 10W-30|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR):||Yes|
|Shutdown Method:||Low Level|
|Battery Type:||Self-Charging Lithium Ion|
|Fuel Gauge:||Dial Gauge|
|Fuel Tank Nominal Capacity:||30 L, 7.9 gal|
|Run Time at 50%:||11 hrs|
|Handle Style:||Double Folding|
|Warranty:||36 Month Limited Warranty, when product is registered within 30 days|
How Much Can a CAT RP7500E Watt Generator Do?
It is essential to consider which devices you want to run. You may want to add accessories like a furnace fan blower or sum pump for good measure. Remember that the startup current for such equipment is relatively higher. Also, they consume more power while running. Consider the statistics below to help you determine this:
If you were to put a variety of equipment in use, the total watts running would be about 5902w. Such material may include the following everyday household gadgets: 5 18-watt energy saver lamps, a 200- watt refrigerator/ freezer, a 1050 –watt sum pump, a 625- watt microwave oven, a 1,000- watt coffee maker, an 850 -watt toaster, and a 1250- watt hair dryer.
The startup load for this would be about 8,102 at the time the sum pump starts. If you were to add an AC10, 000 BTU that consumes some 1500 watts of power, the running watts would gradually jump to 7402. In this situation, the startup load would, unfortunately, become 10,402 watts.
If the air conditioner continually switches on and off, this would present a challenge. To keep the air conditioner on, you might have to stop the microwave and toaster from running.
A Workman’s Generator
The CAT 7500E generator can be used to power tools for workers on the construction site or in the barn. A workman’s hand tools usually utilize 120V receptacles. The 120-volt load is, therefore, very important. This engine can manage 62.5A running amps at 120 Volts. This equals to precisely 7200 Watts. The generator can also deliver 78.1A starting amps at 120V. This is the same as 9372 Watts.
The Caterpillar Company is one of the world’s most respected and highly reputable companies in the generator industry. Here is a recap of some important milestones in the Caterpillar Company’s checkered history:
Caterpillar Company: A Veteran of World War II
Caterpillar Incorporated Company is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of heavy industrial equipment. The company headquarters is found in Peoria, Illinois, USA. It was first established in 1925 as a result of the merger between two companies; the CL Best Tractor Company and the Holt Manufacturing Company.
Caterpillar later expanded to Central Pennsylvania in 1948. The company has maintained an admirable tradition of excellence and quality service. In the same year, 1948, the company formally changed its name to become Caterpillar, Inc.
In the 1930s, Caterpillar machines played a significant role in the construction of the Grand Coulee Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Mississippi Levee. The company famously supported US military efforts in the Second World War. It helped to manufacture about 51,000 track-type tractors for use by the military.
The CAP RP7500E is undoubtedly one of the best quality 7500-watt generators of its kind that customers can get in the market today. It is undoubtedly the best generator for construction site with proven ability in decades of fantastic performance.
The Caterpillar Inc, the world respected company that manufactures this machine, has a history of producing goods that have withstood the test of time. Try this machine for a variety of uses at home and away. You will come back for more!