You have probably settled on the values of buying a top-brand 3,000-watt generator.
The only issue is that you are not sure how or where you will get it.
You are in the right place.
We know how things are.
All of us are busy people trying to care for career, family and other issues.
In the midst of this, we know you have little or no time to research about quality generators or anything else for that matter.
After all, honestly speaking, how many of us would like to go back to those days when we were troubled with lots of homework or similar academic pursuits?
Our 3000 Watt Generators Comparison Chart
Champion 100263 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Electric Start Portable Inverter
Honda EU3000iS Super Quiet 3000 Watt Inverter
Generac GP3000i Super Quiet Inverter Generator
We Have a Choice List
Because we are aware of such dilemmas, we have offered to take the trouble away from you.
You are in the right place because generator business happens to be our business. We feel qualified to take charge of this business on your behalf because of the vast experience raked in in this field.
Yes, we have picked on dozens of generator varieties, researched deeply about them, tested them and ended up with a choice list of our favorite generators.
We believe that the result of our work will surely make you proud.
Welcome to sample our choice of the top brands of 3,000-watt generators.
Top 6 3000 Watt Generators Reviewed
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start
You can be sure that, right out of the box, you will be ready to use your Dual Fuel Champion 3400-watt portable generator without a problem.
This machine runs on propane or gasoline. The unit carries 0.6-quarts of oil and features a low oil shut-off sensor.
The generator has a convenient electric start together with a 3-Position ignition switch. The battery comes included.
The machine’s quick touch panel is useful since it allows you to access all the controls in a single spot. The noise levels are around 59 dBA at 23 feet. This works at a 60 Hz frequency.
The machine’s ultra-quiet operation, rated at 59 dBA. is perfect for a variety of activities like tailgating, RVs, backup power for your home or your upcoming project.
The generator works at 3100 running watts and 3400 starting watts.
It will go for a maximum 7.5 hours running on gasoline.
Dual USB Adapter
The Champion 3400-watt dual fuel generator offers clean power that is suitable for powering sensitive electronics. It comes RV ready, complete with a 120V 30A RV. In addition, it has two 120V 20A household outlets.
The clean electricity that the generator produces is rated at less than 3% THD. It has a 12V DC outlet, complete with a dual USB adapter.
The Champion’s support system includes a 3-year limited warranty. Moreover, it has a free lifetime technical support that is given by a team of dedicated experts.
The Champion Generator is generally ideal for the following power requirements:
- Regular power provision
- Electricity outage seasons
- Camping adventures
- Off grid power supply
- Emergency job site power
- Remote fuel
- ACDC camper RV
Further, Champion boasts of many years’ experience. The company produces durable and dependable products that are engineered and designed in the US and made specifically for North American markets.
The products are also popular all over the world since they are top-class.
Indeed, Champion products are recognized as representing the standard of excellence and quality.
- 4 Stroke engine.
- Single cylinder generator.
- Air- cooled.
- Low -oil shut-off.
- Electric and recoil start.
- Cast Iron Sleeve designed for durability.
Generac GP3000i Super Quiet Inverter Generator – 3000 Starting Watts with PowerRush Technology
The Generac GP3000i (7129) is a lightweight and compact portable inverter generator. It has a starting wattage of 3000 watts and a rated wattage of 2300w.
You will find this generator to be a highly affordable solution, particularly for recreational applications. Its perfect size is ideal for camping and tailgating activities as well as for power tool use.
Overall, the Generac GP3000i portable inverter generator is useful for the following types of activities:
- Great for tailgating and camping buffs who seek to enhance their experience.
- Fantastic for handcrafting enthusiasts who desire to work on-the-go.
- Ideal for RV travelers who desire to enhance their nomadic lifestyle and freedom.
The Generac GP3000i’s design allows for use of gasoline fuel.
It is powered by a 149 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke engine. The engine has a 120V output and gives a running wattage of 2300W.
It gives a peak wattage of 3000W.
Since the generator has a parallel capable, you can get double power if it is linked to a second compatible unit. The machine’s starting mechanism is designed to work with the conventional pull-start system.
The Generac’s features a PowerDial that is easy-to-use with its three operation settings.
The machine has a fuel capacity of a maximum 1.06 gallon. The GP3000i machine can run for a maximum 5.8 hours with a full tank. The fuel consumption is around 0.18 GPH.
Clean Sine Wave
Since the GP3000i produces a clean sine wave, it has a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This is quite ideal for sensitive electronics which may be plugged safely into the AC outlets.
While the Generac is not designed RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can still be used for a simple connection of the RV using an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
As for security, the device comes with an automatic low oil shut-off.
It also has an overload protection (circuit breaker). This will let you use the machine with a greater peace of mind.
Since the Generac GP3000i is CARB-compliant, it can be sold and used in all the 50 states, including California.
The Honda EU3000iS Review
The Honda EU 3000Is can run for a maximum 7 to 20 hours on just a single tank. At 57 DB noise rating, the machine is ideally super-quiet while running at full speed.
The Honda EU 3000i can give adequate power to run your fridge and other devices whenever there is a power outage. Indeed, this model of the Honda can be said to be one of the best compact 3000 watt generators that anyone can buy.
Yes, the Honda EU 3000i is certainly expensive but its value is worth the extra money you pay. Moreover, it is not only classified as a best travel trailer generator, it is also considered as the best conditioner generator, best inverter generator and one of the quietest generators of its category.
- The Honda EU 3000 I is ideal for powering fridges, furnaces, and devices like microwaves.
- Starting Watts: 3000W
- Running Watts: 2800W
- It can give you a maximum 7.2 hours of power running at maximum rated output.
- It can do a maximum 20 hours working at 25% output on a full tank of gas.
- It features a backup recoil start as well as an electric start mechanism.
- It is run by the powerful Honda GX200 air-cooled 4-stroke OHV.
- Its unique muffler design features a high-tech two-layer enclosure and offers a whisper-quiet operation.
- It is an excellent power source for RVs.
- Includes 13,500 BTU AC units, and can do well as a basic home backup power.
- It can power a wide range of appliances, including the furnace, microwave, fridge and most 13,500 BTU RV AC units.
- It is a whisper- quiet inverter generator that produces less noise than that of a normal human conversation. The EU3000iS generator operates at 50 to 57 dB(A).
- It is ideal for camping, RV power and other activities that require quiet operation.
Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
This great generator comes with 9500 peak watts and 7,500 running watts.
- Cast iron sleeve 212cc, OHV Engine
- The WGen3600 portable generator can produce enough power to keep anyone up and running whenever it is needed.
- It comes with a long run time that can go for a maximum 20 hours on a single fuel tank.
- The Westinghouse open frame generators do not need to be refilled constantly.
- It comes with dual 120V duplex outlets.
- You can plug in a maximum of four items to the generator. This gives you the capability to do more things simultaneously.
- It is circuit protected, features a low-oil shutoff mechanism, and more.
- The WGen3600 portable generator is designed with great safety features including low oil shut off mechanism and an overload prevention.
You can get everything you need in the WGen3600. Indeed, it comes with the best features for a rugged portable power.
Further, the WGen3600 also comes with a detailed manual, an oil funnel, and a quick start guide Kit.
It comes with a 3-year warranty. Indeed, all portable generators from Westinghouse come with a 3-year residential warranty.
It also comes with a lifetime technical support.
Considering that most people run a limited budget for a portable generator, this machine is ideal to give the power needed to keep lots of home devices powered up during an outdoor vacation or emergency.
The Westinghouse generator is powered by a 212cc OHV engine. The engine features a cast iron sleeve. You can, therefore, be assured that the generator’s durability is guaranteed. With it, you can get many years of reliable service. The generator comes with an efficient recoil start that makes it easy to operate.
No Electronic Throttle
The Westinghouse WGen3600 starts easily with a single pull. The engine is CARB, CSA and EPA compliant. This means it meets the stringent government emission regulations and may be used in all 50 states.
The Westinghouse WGen3600 fuel consumption is truly remarkable. This is especially taking into account that the generator doesn’t have the useful electronic throttle control.
The generator fatures a 4-gallon gas tank and will give you a maximum 20 hours while running at a 50% load on a single tank of gas.
This is simply amazing.
Honda Power Equipment EB2800IA Power Equipment, 2800W, 120V Inverter Portable Gas Generator, Steel
The Honda EB2800i is a lightweight, compact and open- frame portable inverter generator.
It has a starting wattage of 2800 and a rated wattage of 2500 w.
The Honda EB2800i is a compact portable inverter generator which is especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Camping and tailgating enthusiasts who want a portable source of power.
- Homeowners who want emergency power backup for essential devices.
- Professionals who wish to safely power lighting equipment high-intensity work.
- The Honda EB2800i’s engine is a 186 cc engine.
- The engine is a Honda GC190LA 4-stroke that can deliver 120V. It is fueled by gasoline.
- The generator provides a peak wattage of 28000 and running wattage of 2500w.
- This inverter generator has a noise rating of 62 dBA. This is slightly noisier than the sound produced in an ordinary office.
- Its starting mechanism works on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
- The generator has a 2.1 gallon fuel capacity.
- The EB2800i generator can run for a maximum 12.1 hours while on a full tank. The consumption level is around 0.17 GPH.
- The EB2800i is popular for generating a clean sine wave.
- It provides a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This means your delicate electronics may be plugged safely into its AC outlets.
The Honda EB2800i comes with these dimensions: L16.9 x W17.6 x H18.9 in. In combination with the conventional, open frame design, the Honda provides a great support system.
This allows the generator to be raised conveniently above the ground level.
The Honda generator is ideal for outdoors use as well as in rough environments.
The EB2800i generator can be carried anywhere, thanks to its lightweight 66.8 lbs.
It is also easier to move the around thanks to its convenient open frame design.
Champion 3500-Watt RV Ready Portable Generator
The Champion 46596 is another compact open- frame portable generator.
It has a starting wattage of 4000 w and a running wattage 3500w. It also comes with a lifetime technical support. The generator comes with a gasoline-fueled 196 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. The engine has a 120V output.
It has a 68 dba noise rating. This is less noisy than the sound coming from a regular office.
The generator comes with a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The machine has a 3.8 gallon fuel capacity. Moreover, it can run for a maximum 12 hours while carrying at 50% load on a full tank.
The fuel consumption is around 0.32 GPH.
The machine’s control panel features 3 AC outlets.
The generator comes with the following dimensions: L23.2 x W17.5 x H19.6 inches.
The generator’s conventional, open frame design offers stability, allowing the generator to be raised well above the ground level.
The machine’s design is ideal for outdoor activities and rough environments.
With its dry weight of 99.2 lbs, the Champion 46596 can follow you wherever your power requirements take you.
Moreover, it is easier to move around due to its open frame design.
The Champion 46596 generator is EPA approved. It is however NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it cannot be sold or used in California.
Moreover, the generator has a spark arrestor and can be used in forested areas.
What Can You Really Do With a 3000 Watt Generator?
Yes, this is a good question:
How many appliances can you plug into a 3000 watt generator? It all depends on the type of devices that you wish to run.
The duty cycle of these devices matter as well.
In case you want to use these simultaneously, make sure that the total power demands do not exceed 3000 watts. The rated output should, however, be around 3000 watts at a specific voltage.
Even though you may hook up more devices, the output voltage will likely drop. At the same time, you can expect the devices to function at lower than rated power. This is, nevertheless, fine for devices like a resistive heater.
Note that most electronic devices may malfunction or get entirely damaged if they operate at lower voltages.
Some users claim that you can plug in as many devices as you can, up to a maximum of 3000 watts.
For instance, if you are merely plugging in 7 watt night bulbs, you could even plug in 400 of these, as long as you know how to connect everything up.
Just use your discretion and good judgement to do the sensible thing.
It is essential to choose a good generator for your needs.
In most cases the rule is: The bigger, the better. If you want to have more versatility, go for a generator with more wattage.
While buying your choice generator, keep in mind that you just never know what you might need to run in future.
You can pick a 3000 watt generator due to the many advantages it gives you. It can power lots of devices, run your home and is ideal for a variety of outdoor activities.
Yes, a 3,000 watt generator may be just what you need to stay permanently safe.